Friday, December 25, 2009

On a Christmas day



Here I am today, on a Christmas day. Not sure why but I just felt like sharing some stuff with whoever is reading this.

I spent my hours reading this book titled 'Medalon' realizing later on about some things that I haven't been thinking of lately. I guess I have been slacking for a while and taking for granted that my life will never end. But when I read about this girl who tried to survive the tortures that tormented her, it somehow made me realize about how my life had been so easy. I used to complain about why my life's so difficult and complicated but when I really look at it, it's actually nothing compared to the girl's in the book. Sometimes, life has it's ups and downs. When it's up, we tend to fly sky high, feel proud of ourselves and most of the time, forget the ones who helped us and look down on the ones who failed. But when we are down, we feel the pain, the heartache and wished that we could have done better.

A few days ago, my grandma came over to give me some cookery lessons. During her stay, as any grandmother would do, they'd tell their stories. She would spent hours talking about her life when she was young and sometimes it would even go on for 3 hours straight! She talked about how life was during war times. There would be all sorts of people...people who would kill any sort of animals just to keep themselves alive, people who would just kill a human and spare no mercy just for survival. You could see slaughtered heads hanging on trees, bodies dug by the roadside and smell the corps while walking on the only road you are allowed to walk on. As she went on with her stories, I looked at her and thought to myself, "she had so little at that time and yet she's able to achieve so much more than I have now." When I say achieve so much more than I have, I meant in the sense that she's able to survive better than me.

I took a good look at myself in the mirror and saw just a girl. A girl who's forehead's so full of pimples just like any teenager, a pair of eyes, a nose and a mouth just like every other human being. And I asked myself how am I different from the others now? I couldn't answer. I guess I am no different. I'm just like all the 95% of the world's human population out there...going on with life like it's a cycle and making no difference. But somehow, by some miracle during this Christmas, I woke up from a miserable dream that life's like a bed of roses. Life's definitely nothing like that. It's like a war you have to fight to get to where you want to be. You got to keep going on even when there's somebody or something that's in your way. And when you are the best, you got to keep getting better! You never stop climbing the stairs until the day you die. I suppose it's time for me to get out of the 95% human population and step foot into the 5% human population!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real money.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]